Thursday, December 24, 2009

Any good recipes using black winter truffles?

I love cooking and i've always wanted to cook with truffles (finally got a hold of some!) but I've never cooked with them before and I don't know any good recipes. Some tips and recipes for cooking with black winter truffles would be great. Thanks!Any good recipes using black winter truffles?
The only way I've ever seen black truffles used it to grate a small amount over an already prepared dish.





https://www.whitetruffleauction.com/reci鈥?/a>Any good recipes using black winter truffles?
Lucky you! I also just got some and am researching the black winter variety. I have had them sliced on tagliatelle in a buttery parmesan sauce. I have also had ravioli with a truffle cream sauce that was outrageous. I would check where your truffles hail from and either make a pork or veal roast, before roasting slice little pockets in the roast and put the shavings of truffle in the pockets, then roast. I am going to attempt a tagliatelle dish with a sauce of butter, olive oil, mascarpone cheese, both parmesan and pecorino romano cheeses, a touch of cream and then shave the truffle on top when serving the pasta. I may also make a truffle crostini by toasting small rounds of bread then spreading with a previously mixed combo of parmesan cheese, unsalted butter and grated truffles, then shave a bit on top of each round after spreading. Careful not to overcook (best to use raw)the truffle if it's French or Italian. Cooking seems better for a Chinese one. Oh, and yes, fluffy eggs or omelette made with a creamy truffle sauce is great too. Good luck!
Mmmm yum, careful, used wrong.. it can be bad, I like Quail egg and truffle on a crisp (Also DON'T USE TOO MUCH!) Also cream or scrambled eggs and truffles.
easiest way is to add them to an omlette. Maybe with a bit of diced shallot.
try typing black winter truffles in foodnetwork.com


I bet they were pricey.and lucky duck.

No comments:

Post a Comment