Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I substitute Cocoa Powder for Melted Chocolate chips in a truffle recipe?

I have no chocolate chips, can i substitute powder for them, IN a truffle recipeCan I substitute Cocoa Powder for Melted Chocolate chips in a truffle recipe?
I asked this question of my mother when I thought I could replace chips for the cocoa powder...She said that that wouldn't work. They are two very different types of chocolate, and can't be substituted for each other.Can I substitute Cocoa Powder for Melted Chocolate chips in a truffle recipe?
Maybe if you were deperate you could make a mix of cocoa and milk/cream to resemble a choc melt. The texture would probably be an issue, not too much liquid maybe. You may find that the texture is just not suitable in a dish that is so fine like truffles, they are only really chocolate......

No comments:

Post a Comment